International

Iran could hold nuclear talks with European powers next week, Tasnim says

Iran, Britain, France and Germany have agreed to hold talks on Tehran’s nuclear programme, Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency reported on Sunday, following warnings by the three European countries that failure to resume negotiations would lead to international sanctions being reimposed on Iran.

“The principle of talks has been agreed upon, but consultations are continuing on the time and place of the talks. The country in which the talks could be held next week has not been finalised,” Tasnim reported quoting a source informed with the matter.

Last week, the foreign ministers of the so-called E3, along with the European Union’s foreign policy chief, held their first call with Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi since “Israel” and the U.S. attacked Iranian nuclear facilities a month ago.

“If EU/E3 want to have a role, they should act responsibly, and put aside the worn-out policies of threat and pressure, including the ‘snap-back’ for which they lack absolutely [any] moral and legal ground,” Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said in a post on X.

He said talks would only be possible “when the other party is ready for a fair, balanced, and mutually beneficial nuclear deal”.

Source
Reuters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button